Tuesday, 9 February 2010

* In Retirement *

A bitterly cold day today and so i have decided it's time to retire my last remaining Cockatiels, they have been brilliant parents to many chicks over the years along with other Cockatiels i have had in the aviary, but this pair are my only remaining pair and so thought it time to put them into retirement, they have a nice new cage for them to share and i think they will be happy together in it.

So now the aviary has gone i have a spare plot of land to which i intend to put to good use and make it into a veggie patch so watch this space lol.

*******************

My fabulous hubby has put me a new tit box up and i'm so excited as this one has a camera in it now all i want are the birds to take up residence.


After sitting watching the garden birds today i was pleasantly surprised to see a coal tit i know these little birds are doing well in the wild but i have never had one in my garden so either i am doing something right with what selection of seeds and nuts i am putting out or they are having to look father a field to find food (not sure which) but hope its me.

*********************

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Well done on putting up the bird box! You should have hours of fun!

Lesley said...

Oh how fab Shaz to have a camera in the bird box! I hope you get some new residents! We often get coal tits in the garden and a lovely flock of long tailed tits visit often too! xx

Green Lane Allotments said...

I'd love to have a camera in my bird box but whichever box I chose to put it in I can guarantee the birds would choose a different one to nest in!